6 facts about baby elephants that will make you want to have one yourself!
1. Did you know that baby elephants are born with curly black or red hair on their foreheads?
2. Did you know that elelphant calves can't see very well at first, but they can recognize their mothers by touch, scent, and sound?
3. Did you know that at first, baby elephants don't really know what to do with their trunks? They swing them all over the place and sometimes even step on them.
4. Did you know that they will suck their trunk just as a human baby might suck its thumb?
5. Did you know that at about 6 to 8 months, elephant calves begin learning to use their trunks to eat and drink? With more than 50,000 individual muscle units in the trunk, it’s a complex skill to learn!
6. And last but not least: did you know that baby elephants are clumsy as hell?
I know, they are the cutest creatures alive!
Did you know that elephants are facing extinction in just 10 years?
Every year 35.000 elephants are being poached for their ivory. With only 350.000 elephants left on this planet their time is running out... .
Share this uber adorable post with every elephant/animal lover you know to create some awareness about this topic!
Lot's of love,
VERY IMPORTANT ANIMALS